Thursday, March 22, 2012

Homemade Chicken Caesar Pizza


It's spring break this week! That means kids get to stay home and run amok inside the house. This week I'm looking after my two nieces as well which makes four kids inside the house and I can't have all of them driving me crazy while they find something exciting to do at home. So I figured to make them busy today, I'm getting them involved in making our own homemade pizza for lunch.

My nieces putting the toppings on the pizzas
I'm not quite sure if I should put this pizza recipe in my baking blog (Joyful Indulgences tab above) or here in my easy dinner blog. I guess making the pizza dough itself should be in the baking blog since it's not really quick and easy as you need some time to knead and let the dough rise. Let alone shape the dough in the pan.

However, what makes this really easy is making a yummy Chicken Caesar pizza. You can buy a pre-made crust if you are short for time.

To make a Chicken Caesar Pizza you need:

Caesar Dressing
Cooked Chicken Breasts (cooked as directed below)
Bacon Pieces
Cheese

You can add other toppings you want too (we are adding mushrooms) but the ingredients above at least what you need to make it work.

1. Slice your chicken breast into one inch strips. Saute on a pan with butter, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Remove from heat when the chicken is tender. Pour in some Caesar dressing on the chicken just to coat them.

2. Take your crust and spread a good amount of Caesar dressing just like you would with pizza sauce. Sprinkle all your toppings around the pizza except the cheese.

3. Sprinkle a good amount of cheese (mozzarella cheese works best) on top.

4. Bake at 350 deg F for 15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.


My pizza dough recipes to follow.  I use two different kinds, depending if you want a crunchy thin crust or a high-rising thick crust.

I will post them on my baking blog http://joyfulindulgences.com soon :)
Chicken Caesar Pizza fresh from the oven

Pizza Slice with crunchy thin crust



No comments:

Post a Comment